Monday, February 8, 2010

THE CRASH COURSE

The video, crash course, was very interesting. Was it a fun video to watch? Probably not, since it's basically saying that we are "in a pickle." It is very depressing information, though I think it is something that every American needs to hear because we think that there are unlimited amounts of resources and we are the best and we can have anything we want. This course gives a new way to look at things. I really like that part about inflation. I never knew it is something that the government has control over. But it turns out that the government has control a lot of things such as inflation, which means that they plan everything, which means that its very hard to trust such government....
I will say that I wish I watched this video before I made an offer on the house....
Somewhat scary stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I think the PTB (powers that be) count on the fact that most of us don't have any real understanding of economics - never mind exponential functions.

    I think fear can also be used to paralyze us and prevent us from taking effective actions.

    I hope that you, as a teacher, can do whatever you can to make your students aware of things that can help them in a resource scarce world.

    ReplyDelete