Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Copyright Stuff

I think some of the stuff that we cannot do in school is just rediculous. I mean everyone wants us, teachers, to be "mericle workers" to educate students but when it comes to using certain materials we have to get licencing and pay money just to use it as educational material. It is like the phrase that Michael Buffer says, "Lets get ready to rumble" It is his trademark so if I use it somewhere I have to pay. Weird stuff. I mean I don't think we should just plagirize but we can cite it especialy if it is used to educate students. I am not talking about making money for my self.
I think i would like to know more about that, though not sure if I'll be showing any movies in my math classes but.....

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you when you say we as teachers should cite! That is very true and a good way to show students how important citing is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you, as a Math Teacher, might not have a "dog in this fight" I would hope that you would see how important it is for teachers to fight restrictions on their ability to transmit culture and other information to students without having to pay for everything.

    As we should have learned from the Betamax case, allowing creative people to use technology, usually benefits nearly everyone.

    KK

    ReplyDelete