Thursday, April 22, 2010

FoodInc


I really enjoyed the movie, Foodinc. It was very informative. It does make you think about what you eat and where it comes from. It seems like we just eat chemicals. Every food type is engineered, I think it is great that we have such technologies that would help protect our plants and vegatebles from all these pests but where does it stop?
I think this whole food coorporations it's all about business, and the goverment supports that, because that is their revenue.
I am all for organic food, but the prices is something that put me back in my place. Shouldn't the prices be cheaper? Shouldn't the government be helping or supporting that type of food production? I mean I try to make some good decisions but they are too expensive. Even that big company that does organic food, they are not in it because the have such a warm heart and they are helping the environment and the people, they are making huge bucks, thats the sole reason. So how different are they from those other companies?

4 comments:

  1. You raise a very good point about the big companies that are organic. It seems as though they do not have any more morals than the other companies.

    I agree with you that it is great that we have all of this technology that enables us to engineer food. I think they should use all of that great technology to make our food safer to eat, that would be more sensible!

    It definitely is more expensive to eat "right", but it's worth it. Just think about how much more energy you have when you put healthy foods into your body! I do wish that the prices would go down though. You're right, the higher prices just do not make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You raise a good question: Are the big companies that have gone organic to make a profit any better than the other companies? I would like to think that the food industry is taking advantage of the great technologies to "engineer" safer foods. However, as we watched on the documentary, that is not the case. It is sad that it's so expensive to eat healthy. Maybe food industries will start engineering "healthy" food next. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I commented twice (now a third time) because I didn't think that my first comment posted. Now you have an extra comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you for reading my post.
    Just to respond, the government gives incentives for people to buy solar panels and stuff, so why not do same for those organic food companies and stuff.

    ReplyDelete